Wednesday 6 August 2014

Sagna: Duo told me to join City

Former Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna has revealed ex Gunners players Gael Clichy and Sami Nasri were influential in his decision to join Manchester City.

The France international refused a new contract at the Emirates to join the reigning English Champions. continue....



Speaking to the press, he said:I did (speak to Nasri and Clichy), many times, he told Citys official website.

They said because they knew I was free and they knew I wanted to move -they said to me, you should come, because we have a great team and we have a great mentality. The players are here to work really hard and to win trophies.

So I was thinking about it, so when the opportunity came I just chose the right one. I spent seven years in Arsenal and had a great time there but I wanted to start from the bottom again, to work hard again and I think I just chose the best city in England and even in Europe, he added.
 
To me, City is a great team, and Ill have to work really hard to get into the team and thats what Im looking forward to.

Samir Nasri and Clichy left the North London club in 2011 for greener pastures at City.

No comments:

Post a Comment